Looking to liven up your breakfast menu? We’ve got a recipe that’s so simple to make and so delicious to taste, you’ll want to make it a permanent staple in your meal plan. These Easy Egg Tacos are fresh, filled with protein and simply delicious.
This Easy Egg Tacos recipe cuts down on the carbs by substituting the normal taco shell with crispy butter lettuce. Scramble two eggs, mash some avocado and dice up some fresh veggies and cilantro—that’s how easy this recipe really is.
Packed with nutrients and flavor, Easy Egg Tacos are the perfect way to start your day off on a healthy note. With bursts of flavor from red onion, this tasty dish is sure to have your stomach thanking you. Juicy tomato and a touch of spice from jalapeno complete this egg-cellent breakfast dish. Perfect to make on-the-go, this meal can be whipped up in minutes.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 2 (1 taco)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 Butter lettuce cups
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. EVOO
- Dice red onion, jalapeño,and tomato, and combine in a small bowl.
- Combine 2 eggs and nutritional yeast in a bowl, then scramble.
- Place scrambled eggs on a small pan and cook on low heat until cooked through. Top with salt and pepper.
- While eggs are cooking, mash avocado.
- Place 2 butter lettuce cups on a plate and fill with scrambled eggs, fresh pico de gallo and mashed avocado. Top with finely chopped cilantro.