Looking to liven up your breakfast menu? We’ve got a recipe that’s so simple to make and so delicious to taste, you’ll want to make it a permanent staple on your DIY breakfast menu. These Easy Egg Tacos are fresh, filled with protein, and simply delicious.
This Easy Egg Tacos recipe cuts down on the carbs by substituting the normal taco shell with crispy butter lettuce. Scramble two eggs, mash some avocado and dice up some fresh veggies and cilantro—that’s how easy this recipe really is. Packed with nutrients and flavor, Easy Egg Tacos are the perfect way to start your day off on a healthy note. With bursts of flavor from red onion, this tasty dish is sure to have your stomach thanking you. Juicy tomato and a touch of spice from jalapeno complete this egg-cellent breakfast dish. Perfect to make on-the-go, this meal can be whipped up in minutes.
On your South Beach Diet meal plan, one servings of these Easy Egg Tacos counts as just one Lean Protein and one Healthy Fat and clocks in at just 115 calories per serving. Be sure to keep track of your daily intake with the help of our handy (and FREE) South Beach Tracker App. You can easily log your Easy Egg Tacos right here in the Tracker App > Want to learn more about the South Beach Tracker App? Be sure to check out Your Comprehensive Guide to the South Beach Diet Tracker App >
DIY meals give you the opportunity to test your creativity in the kitchen. Learn everything you need to know about DIY meals right here >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 2 (1 taco)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded & diced
- 1/2 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- 2 Butter lettuce cups
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp, EVOO
- Dice red onion, jalapeño,and tomato, and combine in a small bowl.
- Combine 2 eggs and nutritional yeast in a bowl, then scramble.
- Place scrambled eggs on a small pan and cook on low heat until cooked through. Top with salt and pepper.
- While eggs are cooking, mash avocado.
- Place 2 butter lettuce cups on a plate and fill with scrambled eggs, fresh pico de gallo and mashed avocado. Top with finely chopped cilantro.