Easy Flourless Black Bean BrowniesRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Brownies don’t have to destroy your low carb diet! Especially when they’re made with healthy ingredients like black beans. For this delicious brownie recipe, you’ll also use your South Beach Diet Breakfast Chocolate Shake to add a punch of protein to this decadent dessert.
Whip up a big batch of these bad boys tonight, and have a guilt-free dessert on hand for your entire week!
Looking for more chocolaty treats for your healthy diet? Check out some of our other favorite recipes below!:
- Chocolate Brownie Cookies >
- Chocolate Tahini and Mixed Seed Protein Bars >
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- .5 Healthy Fat
- .5 Protein
- .5 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Extras
- Cooking spray
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, no salt/sugar added
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil or oil of choice
- 1 packet South Beach Diet Beach Shack Chocolate Shake
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Sugar substitute (optional, to taste)
- Water (1-2 Tbsp. as needed)
- 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips, sugar free, stevia sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Note: you can use also a standard 12 slot muffin pan if you don’t have a baking dish available.
- Rinse and thoroughly drain your black beans. Combine all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and puree in a food processor or blender until nice and smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Note: if the batter appears too thick you can add 1-2 tablespoons of water and pulse again until a brownie batter consistency is achieved. You can also add sugar substitute (stevia or monk fruit) to taste as desired.
- Add in chocolate chips and fold into batter. Note: you can also save the chocolate chips and sprinkle them over the top of the batter before placing the brownies in the oven.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish (or muffin tins) and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing your brownies into 12 evenly sliced pieces. Enjoy! Note: you can store your brownies in an airtight container for a few days or you can refrigerate them to keep even longer.