Mustard-Crusted Broiled Top Round SteakRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Steak-lovers, this one’s for you! Two kinds of mustard and a generous measure of garlic lend subtle flavor to tender top round steak in this easy broiled recipe. It’s a healthy spin on a meat-lover’s staple that’s perfect for your busy weeknights or weekend dinner gatherings.
Pro Tip: Let the meat rest after broiling and slice it as thinly as possible for maximum tenderness. Pair your finished beef with a vibrant side salad or your favorite steamed veggies, and you’ll be in total meal-time bliss!
Looking for more meat in your life? Try these other delicious and healthy recipes:
- 3-Step Mustard-Crusted Pork >
- Steak Sandwich >
- Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops >
- Sausage Stuffing >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Protein
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless top round steak, 3/4-inch thick
- Heat oven to broil.
- Whisk together garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and place steak on top. Coat evenly with mustard mixture and let stand 10 minutes. Broil steak to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.