Mustard-Crusted SteakRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Steak-lovers, this one’s for you! Two kinds of mustard and a generous measure of garlic lend subtle flavor to tender steak in this easy recipe. It’s a healthy spin on a meat-lover’s staple that’s perfect for your busy weeknights or weekend dinner gatherings.
Cooking tip: Let the meat rest after cooking and slice it as thinly as possible for maximum tenderness.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1.5 Lean Protein
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top round steak, 3/4 inch thick
- Heat oven to broil.
- Whisk together garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and place steak on top. Coat evenly with mustard mixture and let stand 10 minutes. Broil steak to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.