Mustard-Crusted SteakRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Steak-lovers, this one’s for you! Two kinds of mustard and a generous measure of garlic lend subtle flavor to tender steak in this easy recipe. It’s a healthy spin on a meat-lover’s staple that’s perfect for your busy weeknights or weekend dinner gatherings.
Cooking tip: Let the meat rest after cooking and slice it as thinly as possible for maximum tenderness.
Looking for more meat in your life? Try these other delicious and healthy steak recipes:
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Protein
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top round steak, 3/4 inch thick
- Heat oven to broil.
- Whisk together garlic, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a broiler pan with foil and place steak on top. Coat evenly with mustard mixture and let stand 10 minutes. Broil steak to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.