Mixed Greens Salad with SteakRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Grilled steak is the star of the show in this Mixed Greens Salad with Beef. Thinly sliced and topped with a homemade dressing, this super salad is filled with protein and veggies for a delicious, diet-friendly meal.
This hearty salad makes four servings, so it’s perfect to serve for a dinner party to keep you (and your guests!) on the healthy straight and narrow. Lemon Dijon dressing tops the bed of mixed greens and thinly sliced flank steak for a filling and keto-friendly dinner.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces mesclun greens (6 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill steak 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes; slice thinly.
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil in a jar with a lid. Close tight and shake vigorously to combine. Place greens in a large mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among 4 serving plates, top with steak, tomato wedges, onion, and feta to serve.