Spice-Rubbed Chicken Fingers with Cilantro Dipping SauceRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Chicken fingers are one of those childhood treats you just never outgrow. Unfortunately, most chicken fingers are packed with sodium and calories… not to mention grease. But this delicious lunch recipe for Spice-Rubbed Chicken Fingers with Cilantro Dipping Sauce leaves all the guilt (and the grease!) behind.
The only thing better than diving in to these tasty chicken fingers is dunking them in the cool green Cilantro Dipping Sauce first. Of course, if you prefer, you can substitute prepared sugar-free barbecue sauce.
Have an air fryer? Whip up these chicken fingers using this handy kitchen tool!
If you enjoyed this healthy recipe, you’ll love our Almond Fried Chicken> Or try something exotic with our Coconut Chicken Tenders >
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or boiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped. While the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill, air fry or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish with the cilantro.