Spice-Rubbed Homemade Chicken Fingers Recipe with Cilantro Dipping SauceRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Chicken fingers are one of those childhood treats you just never outgrow. Unfortunately, most are packed with sodium and calories… not to mention grease. But this delicious homemade lunch recipe for grilled or roasted Spice-Rubbed Chicken Fingers leaves all the guilt (and the grease!) behind. Plus, the Cilantro Dipping Sauce is both healthy and delicious!
The only thing better than diving in to these tasty chicken strips is dunking them in the cool, green Cilantro Dipping Sauce first. Of course, if you prefer, you can substitute prepared sugar-free barbecue sauce.
Have an air fryer? Whip up these chicken fingers using this handy kitchen tool!
Get in the best shape of your life while enjoying fully prepared meals delivered right to your door! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1/4 cup parsley sprigs
- 1/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded (wear plastic gloves when handling)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Sprig cilantro, for garnish
- Coat a grill rack or broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or boiler.
- In a cup, combine the chili powder, cumin and salt. Cut two 1/2"-deep slashes in each side of the chicken tenders. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken, pressing it into the slits. Place the chicken in a baking pan and coat completely with cooking spray. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the cilantro, parsley, almonds, garlic, chile pepper, and salt. Process until chopped. While the processor is running, add the lime juice and oil through the feed tube, stopping the machine once or twice to scrape down the sides of the container until the sauce is smooth. Pour the sauce into a bowl. Stir in the water, cover, and chill until ready to serve.
- Place the chicken on the prepared rack and grill, air fry or broil 6" from the heat, turning several times, for 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and garnish with the cilantro.