Savory Shrimp Stir FryRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Stir Fry is one of our favorite healthy meals. It’s such a versatile concept: Choose a Lean Protein like chicken, shrimp, tofu, eggs or certain cuts of beef, pile on the Non-starchy Veggies, then smother it in healthy herbs and spices, and voila! You’ve got an unbelievably tasty meal that won’t destroy your diet. Does it get any better than that?
In this particular stir fry recipe, we pair savory and tender shrimp with a variety of nutrient-packed, vibrant veggies, including mushrooms, scallions, snow peas and bell peppers, and toss them in a flavorful blend of garlic, ginger and soy sauce, for a delicious dish you will absolutely crave.
Looking to add some Healthy Fats to the mix? We love tossing in some crumbled peanuts for some additional nutrition and crunch!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: Makes 4 (2-cup) servings
- 4 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium peeled and deveined fresh or thawed frozen shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, quartered
- 4 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut into thin strips
- 8 oz. snow peas, strings removed
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Whisk together 2 teaspoons of the oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the soy sauce and garlic in a large bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat a large skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet over high heat; add ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, scallions, bell pepper, snow peas and red pepper flakes, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in shrimp and remaining soy sauce and toss to combine. Serve hot.