Pork and Pepper Salad with Balsamic VinaigretteRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This delicious salad features lean pork tenderloin and a whole slew of cooked veggies for a delicious and quick meal you can enjoy any day of the week. The best part is, if you’re in a hurry, you can sub in leftover pork (or even chicken!) and jarred roasted peppers instead of starting with fresh ones. Just warm them up in the microwave before combining them with the meat.
Looking for more hearty meals? Try our delicious recipe for Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops! >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 lb. lean pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups red or green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar-free balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Muenster or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bell peppers on a broiler pan and cook 4" from the heat, turning occasionally, until the skin is bubbly and browned all over. Place in a paper bag, seal, and set aside for 5 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Remove, halve, and discard the skin, ribs, and seeds. Cut the peppers into strips.
- Place the pork on the broiler pan and cook for 12 minutes, turning once, or until a thermometer inserted in center reaches 155°F and the juices run clear. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into thin slices.
- Warm the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, cabbage, celery, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Divide the cabbage mixture among 4 plates. Arrange the peppers and pork on top. Drizzle each with dressing and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese.