Warm Steak Sandwich with Roasted Pepper MayoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
The warm steak sandwich with roasted pepper mayo is an absolute MUST when using your creativity for DIY meals during South Beach Simple.
It’s super simple to make, which makes the deliciousness of this delightful sandwich even that much more satisfying. Since South Beach Simple is all about, well, making your life SIMPLE—we are certain you will make this savory sandwich a weekly regular in your household.
The mouthwatering steak mixed with all of the right ingredients will melt in you mouth— which is certainly a plus when it comes to a quick, easy and healthy meal!
Phase: Phase 3
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 4 servings
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. top round steak, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices multigrain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 small bunch arugula
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with salt and pepper, and cook until browned (about 2 minutes).
- Puree red pepper and mayonnaise in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread, build sandwiches with steak slices and arugula, and slice sandwiches in half