Steak au PoivreRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Meat-lovers adore this Steak au Poivre recipe, which pairs beef tenderloin steaks with a delectable blend of veggies and spices.
This dish is so delicious, your family will be asking for it by name. Which is pretty great considering that it’s totally diet-friendly.
Can’t get enough steak? Try these other delicious steak recipes:
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed black or mixed peppercorns
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each), trimmed of all visible fat
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of the peppercorns. Press a small amount of the mixture onto each side of the steaks.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat. Arrange the steaks in the skillet so that they do not overlap. Cook the steaks, turning frequently, for 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a steak registers 160°F for medium. Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Clean the skillet, coat with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon granules, paprika, water, milk and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns. Pour into the skillet and cook, stirring often, over medium heat until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Spoon the sauce over each steak and serve immediately.