Yogurt and Cherry DessertRecipe posted in: Snack
This Yogurt and Cherry Dessert is just as yummy and nutritious as it is simple to make. Cherries are very sweet, compared to other berries and fruit varieties. This is the perfect way to offset a tangy, protein-packed yogurt for a creamy, spoonful of natural sugar that’ll give you lasting energy and all the bang you’d want from a healthy dessert. Even better, it lasts for about 10 days in the fridge and goes well on whole wheat toast.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Fruit
- 1 (16-oz.) package unsweetened big cherries
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. granular sugar substitute
- 24 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- Bring cherries, lemon zest and sugar substitute to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cherries have softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Divide yogurt among 4 serving dishes. Top each serving with 1/4 cup of the cherries and serve.