Tropical Shrimp and Black Bean SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you love shrimp salad, you’ll absolutely adore this delicious Tropical Shrimp and Black Bean Salad recipe, which goes big on flavor and light on guilt.
Fresh tropical fruits (think papaya and kiwi) are paired with savory black beans and tender shrimp in a tasty trifecta that’s every bit as delicious as it sounds. And, just to kick the flavor factor up a few notches, this delicious dish also features sliced red onions and jicama, a nutrient-rich Mexican root vegetable. But the deliciousness doesn’t stop there! This shrimp salad is tossed in a zesty blend of cilantro and olive oil for a flavor finale your taste buds will love.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 lb. medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (14-19 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jicama, peeled and julienned (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, halved, seeded and chopped
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- On serving plates, arrange the shrimp, beans, jicama, papaya, kiwifruit, onion and cilantro. Drizzle with the oil.