Shrimp Tortilla ConesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Shrimp Tortilla Cones are a fun, festival-style way to enjoy seafood that’s perfect if you’re flying solo, but is also fit for a crowd. Dijon, Greek yogurt and apple cider brighten up the shrimp for a light lunch or dinner that brings summer to your door year-round. Next time you want a change of pace from your shrimp salad or shrimp sandwich, switch things up with this recipe. Shrimp Tortilla Cones can even be a quick dinner fix, if you use precooked shrimp.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 3/4 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- In a steamer, bring about 1 inch of water to a boil (do not add shrimp until the water is boiling). Add the shrimp, cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until they turn pink and are just opaque in the center. Rinse under cold water to cool, then coarsely chop.
- While the shrimp are cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt and pepper. Add the coleslaw mix and tomatoes and toss well.
- Add the shrimp to the cabbage mixture and toss.
- Spread a tortilla with 1 tsp. mustard. Roll into a cone shape and fill with 1 cup of the shrimp mixture. Repeat to make 3 more cones.