Breakfast Popovers with ParmesanRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Elevate your healthy breakfast with these delicious Breakfast Popovers with Parmesan. At just 120 calories per serving and featuring healthier whole grain flour, this healthy brunch recipe is definitely South Beach Diet-approved. But don’t let that fool you! This scrumptious morning meal idea will have your taste buds dancing before the alarm clock rings.
Making a healthy breakfast does not have to be difficult. South Beach Diet presents further evidence that delicious, nutritious, easy-to-make, healthy breakfasts are not only possible but delicious. It just so happens that this tasty breakfast fits perfectly into your healthy diet! This grab-and-go breakfast recipe is perfect for those busy weekday mornings when you’re running out the door.
Healthy Hack: Parmesan brings these popovers to life. But who says you have to keep it routine? Switch things up by subbing freshly grated Romano or Asiago for the Parmesan.
Looking for some of the best healthy breakfasts but not in the mood to cook? Don’t want to feel rushed to make something last minute? The South Beach Diet offers a wide variety of healthy breakfast options that are delivered directly to your door!
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 8 popovers
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- .5 Good Carbohydrates
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. trans-free margarine, melted
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat 8 custard cups of popover-pan cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg substitute in a medium bowl. Add the flour, milk and margarine and whisk until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the cheese.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cups. Place the cups on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the popovers are puffed and golden. Remove the popovers from the cups and serve hot.