Breakfast Popovers with ParmesanRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Elevate your breakfast with our Breakfast Popovers with Parmesan. With only 120 calories per serving and featuring healthier whole grain flour, this recipe is definitely beach-diet-approved, but don’t let that fool you. This delicious morning meal will have your taste buds dancing before the alarm clock rings.
Parmesan brings these popovers to life. But who says you have to keep it routine? Switch things up by subbing freshly grated Romano or Asiago for the Parmesan.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 8 popovers
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- .5 Good Carbohydrates
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain flour
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. trans-free margarine, melted
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat 8 custard cups of popover-pan cups with cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg substitute in a medium bowl. Add the flour, milk and margarine and whisk until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the cheese.
- Evenly divide the batter among the prepared cups. Place the cups on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the popovers are puffed and golden. Remove the popovers from the cups and serve hot.