Peanut Butter CupsRecipe posted in: Snack
Chocolate and peanut butter are a classic combination and childhood favorite for many. And for good reason! The sweet, rich taste of chocolate perfectly complements the creamy and salty peanut butter. We feature this dynamic duo in our simple keto Peanut Butter Cups that contain just six clean and wholesome ingredients.
After you taste these healthy homemade Peanut Butter Cups, you won’t even miss the store-bought varieties that are packed with sugar! Our healthy twist on this popular candy is easy to make and the perfect way to satisfy you sweet tooth. Nut butters are satisfying, delicious and an ideal Healthy Fat for your low carb diet. Get the skinny on nut butter here >
To make these six-ingredient candies, get started by lining a six-count muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. In a small bowl, whisk together unsweetened cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, granulated erythritol sweetener and vanilla extract. Scoop rounded tablespoons of the chocolate mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup and place in the freezer for five minutes.
Once the chocolate is solid, scoop one tablespoon of unsweetened natural peanut butter into each cup and spread it into an even layer. We use a creamy peanut butter in this recipe. However, feel free to swap in a crunchy version if that’s more your style! Top the peanut butter with another tablespoon of the melted chocolate and place the tray in freezer for another five minutes. Sprinkle each cup with a pinch of coarse sea salt and enjoy immediately. You can also store the candies in a container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Pro tip: If you don’t like peanut butter, feel free to swap in another nut butter of your choice that you enjoy! You could even use a combination of your favorites to get in a variety of vitamins and minerals with every bite. Click the link below to read up on nine of our favorite nut butters for your keto friendly kitchen!:
One of these keto candies contains 262 calories and just seven grams of net carbs per serving. They are healthy, low carb and packed with nutrients. However, nut butters are generally considered to be high in calories and are best enjoyed in moderation when trying to lose weight. Keep this in mind when digging into these peanut butter cups and ensure you’re staying within your meal plan guidelines. The South Beach Diet Tracker app is the perfect online tracking tool for your South Beach Diet Keto Friendly program.
Are you a nut for peanut butter? Check out these other delicious recipes featuring America’s favorite nut butter:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Muffins >
- Peanut Butter Pancakes >
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake >
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies >
- Strawberry Peanut “Pro-Yo” >
Not up for making your own nutty treats? Not to worry! The South Beach Diet menu has delicious peanut butter products that are diet-friendly and low in carbs. Stock up on our Peanut Butter Cookie Bites, Peanut Butter Chocolate Entrée Bar and Chocolate Dipped Peanut Bar! Click here to fill your pantry with keto friendly snacks and sweets >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet programs >
This recipe is from The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet book written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 6 (1 serving =1 peanut butter cup)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. granulated erythritol sweetener
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- Coarse sea salt, for topping (optional)
- Line a 6-count muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk together the cocoa, coconut oil, erythritol and vanilla extract in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 rounded tablespoon of the cocoa mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer and leave it for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to solidify.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter into each muffin cup, spreading it into an even layer.
- Top the peanut butter with another tablespoon of the cocoa mixture.
- Freeze the peanut butter cups for another 5 minutes.
- Top each peanut butter cup with a pinch of coarse sea salt if desired.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a container in the refrigerator to store for up to 1 week.