Cod with Almond-Basil Relish RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Warm weather calls for light and healthy fish dinners! This colorful cod recipe is packed with fresh flavor and filling ingredients. Featuring a homemade relish made from olives, almonds, capers, roasted red peppers and basil, every bite of this healthy seafood dish comes with an array of tastes and textures. Serve it up with a seasonal spring or summer veggie like asparagus, green beans or zucchini for a beautiful and bountiful meal.
Pro Tip: Can’t find cod? You can use any white fish that you enjoy in this easy fish recipe! Try it with haddock or flounder for a seafood dinner that’s just as delicious.
One serving of this Cod with Almond-Basil Relish recipe clocks in just under 250 calories (244 to be exact)! If you’re on a South Beach Diet weight loss plan, you can log it in the South Beach Diet Tracker app as one Healthy Fat and one Protein. As we mentioned earlier, you can also add a Vegetable serving by enjoying it with your favorite low carb, non-starchy veggies. Consider one of these five summer vegetables that can help you reach your flat belly goals!:
The Palm Weight Loss Blog is your go-to virtual recipe book for low-carb seafood creations! Check out some of our favorite healthy fish recipes below:
- Baked Salmon Salad >
- Healthy Cod Chowder >
- Blackened Tilapia with Super Slaw >
- Nut-Crusted Fish with Herbed Tahini Cheese Sauce >
- Lemony Salmon with Green Beans and Almonds >
- One-Pan Olive Oil and Herb Poached Flounder >
- Baked Salmon Cakes with Pesto >
- Five-Spice Grilled Salmon >
- Red Snapper Veracruz >
Looking for more easy dinners? The South Beach Diet sends fully prepared meals directly to your door. Click here to learn more! >
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 serving = 1 filet)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- ½ cup almond-stuffed green olives, sliced (or substitute 1⁄4 cup pitted green olives and 1⁄4 cup blanched almonds)
- 2 Tbsp. capers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red peppers
- 4 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 4 (about 5 oz. each) skinless cod or haddock fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter or ghee
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Combine all the relish ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until needed.
- Season the cod with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook for about 4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Transfer the fish to a serving plate and serve topped with the relish and sprinkled with the parsley.