Whole Wheat Vegetable LasagnaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Lasagna gets a healthy makeover with this delicious Whole Wheat Vegetable Lasagna recipe. Featuring whole wheat noodles, vibrant veggies and a whole lot of cheese, it’s got everything you love about pasta without any of the guilt.
The best thing about this recipe is that it makes 12 servings. That means that you can enjoy this delicious dish at more than one meal and there will still be enough to share! One serving counts as one Good Carbohydrate, one Healthy Fat and a half of a Vegetable on the South Beach Diet program. Keep track of this pasta dinner by logging it the South Beach Diet Tracker App! >
Check out these other Italian-inspired recipes:
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 cups (16 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups low-sugar spaghetti sauce
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 13" X 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, basil, salt, and pepper. Set aside 1/2 cup of the spaghetti sauce.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in the prepared baking dish. Evenly spoon half of the spaghetti sauce over the noodles. Top with half of the ricotta mixture, half of the spinach, half of the zucchini, and half of the Parmesan. Repeat layering with 3 more noodles and the remaining ingredients. End with the remaining 3 noodles.
- Spoon the remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes longer, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.