Meat Lovers “Pizza”Recipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re a meat lover, this is the “pizza” for you. Complete with tons of nutritious veggies, sausage and of course, bacon, this Meat Lovers Pizza-Inspired flatbread is so hearty and delicious, it tastes like you’re cheating on your healthy diet. But, this healthy meal is totally filling and totally South-Beach-approved!
Say goodbye to the days of making late night calls to your favorite pizza shop. This crispy Meat Lovers Pie will satisfy your pizza cravings, all while fitting into your healthy diet. Crumbled sausage and bacon is complemented by caramelized leaks, sautéed mushrooms, broiled tomato, onion, spicy jalapeno, parsley and scallions.
Packed with protein, veggies and flavor, this Meat Lovers Pizza is sure to satisfy the healthy way. A flatbread is slathered in garlic sauce and topped with cheesy goodness to take this Meat Lovers Pie to the next level. Try this healthy Meat Lovers Pizza recipe as a snack, lunch, dinner, or simply use it as a way to combat those late-night cravings. It’s a great way to celebrate the weekend or enjoy it as a healthy birthday meal to replace the unhealthy pie from your local pizza place.
For another delicious and healthy flatbread recipe, check out some ideas below:
- Summer Squash Flatbread >
- Buffalo Chicken Flatbread >
- White “Pizza” Flatbread >
- Caprese Style Flatbread >
Working out but not seeing results? Check out these 5 Workout Mistakes That Are Slowing Your Results. >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 tsp. low-sodium sausage crumble
- 1/2 slice low-sodium bacon
- 1 Tbsp. leaks, caramelized
- 1 medium tomato, broiled
- 2 Tbsp. mushrooms, sautéed
- 1/4 of a jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
- 1 whole wheat or low-carb flatbread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Top flatbread with tomato, jalapeno, parsley and scallions.
- Bake flatbread for about five minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- In a pan, cook sausage crumble and bacon.
- In the same pan, add mushrooms and leaks. Sauté until softened.
- Remove flatbread from oven and top with sautéed ingredients.