Caprese Style FlatbreadRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Caprese salad lover? What about margherita pizza? We have the perfect recipe that combines the two beloved dishes into a delicious and simple meal. Let us introduce you to the Caprese Style Flatbread. Using a South Beach Diet Garlic Cheese Flatbread, this recipe incorporates all of the classic caprese ingredients into a quick-and-easy dinner on-the-go.
Pop your flatbread in the oven and cook until it has reached crispy perfection (about five minutes). Top your golden flatbread with fresh and creamy mozzarella, juicy tomato slices, basil leaves, parsley and drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil. Voila! You have created a caprese-style masterpiece, and one that is certain to become a regular indulgence on your South Beach Diet menu.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 2 thin slices of tomato
- 5 basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 2 thin slices of fresh mozzarella ball
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinaigrette
- drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place flatbread on baking sheet. Cook flatbread for about five minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove flatbread and top with tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves and parsley.
- Drizzle balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil on top.