Grilled Tuna with Teriyaki GlazeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This healthy tuna recipe is our absolute favorite. Grilled to absolute perfection and brushed with a savory teriyaki-like glaze, it’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
Plus, you’ll pair your tasty tuna with a delicious combo of mango and red peppers, which add the perfect sweet and tangy touch to an already mouth-watering meal.
Can’t get enough tuna? Try our recipes for Open Faced Avocado Tuna Sandwich, the Pan Seared Tuna Salad, or the Tuna Salad with Lemon Dijon. Make sure to also stock up on our keto friendly Tuna Salad! >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 0.5 Fruit
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tuna steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into spears
- 1 red bell pepper, quartered lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or both, ginger, and garlic. Divide the marinade into 2 medium, shallow bowls. Place the tuna in one bowl and the mango and bell pepper in the other. Turn the tuna, mango, and bell pepper to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Coat a grill rack or broiler pan rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill or broiler to medium.
- Place the tuna, mango, and bell pepper on the prepared rack or pan. Discard the marinade from the tuna bowl. Grill or broil, basting occasionally with the marinade from the mango bowl, for 4 minutes per side, or until the tuna is just opaque and the mango and bell pepper are heated through and glazed.