Fresh Tuna Salad with Simple Lemon DijonRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Tuna Salad gets a tangy twist in this delicious recipe, which features crisp bibb lettuce, zesty lemon and flavorful sweet peas. It might sound fancy, but trust us: This Fresh Tuna Salad with Simple Lemon Dijon is simple to make even on busy weeknights.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you’ll love these other tasty tuna treats:
Take the next step towards achieving your weight loss goals. Get started with the South Beach Diet! Learn more about our meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1.5 Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 lb. fresh tuna, about 1-inch thick
- 1 (8-oz.) head Bibb or Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (4 to 5 cups)
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together lemon juice, onion, and mustard in a mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tuna 1 1/2 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired doneness. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Divide lettuce among serving plates and sprinkle with peas. Slice tuna and divide among salads; drizzle with dressing and serve.