South Beach Diet Classic BurgerRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Burger lovers know what makes a good burger good. It’s all about the flavor and texture. Here is our version of the great American favorite. It’s delicious and tender and totally guilt-free!
Cooking tip: Look for ripe tomatoes at the peak of the season for an extra-juicy touch. Serve on whole-grain buns in Phases 2 and 3.
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 2 Lean Protein
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Swiss cheese slices
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Mix together beef, salt, and pepper; form into 4 patties. Grill patties to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium. Top with cheese and cover; cook until cheese is melted, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, spread with mustard, and top with lettuce, tomato, and onion; serve.