South Beach Diet Classic Grilled Cheeseburger RecipeRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Burger lovers know what makes a good burger good. It’s all about the flavor and texture. Here is our version of the great American favorite. It’s delicious and tender and totally guilt-free!
Try this high protein bun-less grilled cheeseburger for a satisfying, low carb meal that is complete with all your favorite fixings. Lean ground beef creates the homemade patty and is piled high with Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion and Dijon mustard. This hearty and healthy meal has all the flavors you know and love.
Cooking tip: Look for ripe tomatoes at the peak of the season for an extra-juicy touch. Feel free to serve on whole grain buns as a Good Carb if you’re on our Diabetes plan or your Weight Maintenance Phase.
Looking for another low carb burger recipe? Try out our favorite Southern Style Burger Bites! >
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet program >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.25 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz. Swiss cheese slices
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- Mix together beef, salt, and pepper; form into 4 patties. Grill patties to desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium. Top with cheese and cover; cook until cheese is melted, 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, spread with mustard, and top with lettuce, tomato, and onion; serve.