Chilled Espresso CustardRecipe posted in: Snack
Espresso Custard? Somebody pinch us!
Whether you’re jonesing for java or just love creamy sweet treats, this Chilled Espresso Custard is for you. It’s simple to make and even easier to eat. Whip up a big batch for your next party or gathering, or keep it all to yourself. Either way, we’re confident it will be a hit!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder or instant decaffeinated coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Lemon twists, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar substitute, espresso powder or coffee, and vanilla extract until well-blended. Pour into four 6-ounce custard cups or ramekins and place in a 10" skillet.
- Fill the skillet with water to 1/2" from the top of the custard cups. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cups from the skillet, cover with plastic wrap touching the surface of the pudding, and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until chilled. Garnish with the cinnamon and lemon twists.