Tricolor SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Salad gets a makeover with this simple recipe that combines peppery arugula, crisp Belgian endive and nutrient-rich radicchio.Just add shaved Parmesan and, if you’re feeling adventurous, anchovies, for a tasty Italian salad that’s almost too pretty to eat.
Enjoy this salad at lunch or dinner. Just be sure to make extra so you can help yourself to healthy leftovers all week long!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Lean Protein
- 2.5 Vegetables
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) bag arugula (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place anchovies in a large mixing bowl; using 2 forks, mash into a paste. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add arugula, radicchio, and endive; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 serving plates; sprinkle with cheese and serve.