Tricolor SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Salad gets a makeover with this simple recipe that combines peppery arugula, crisp Belgian endive and nutrient-rich radicchio.Just add shaved Parmesan and, if you’re feeling adventurous, anchovies, for a tasty Italian salad that’s almost too pretty to eat.
Enjoy this salad at lunch or dinner. Just be sure to make extra so you can help yourself to healthy leftovers all week long!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 2.5 Vegetables
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) bag arugula (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place anchovies in a large mixing bowl; using 2 forks, mash into a paste. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add arugula, radicchio, and endive; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 serving plates; sprinkle with cheese and serve.