Tricolor SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Salad gets a makeover with this simple Italian recipe that combines peppery arugula, crisp Belgian endive and nutrient-rich radicchio. Just add shaved Parmesan cheese and, if you’re feeling adventurous, anchovies, for a tasty Italian meal that’s almost too pretty to eat.
Enjoy this Italian dish at lunch or dinner. Just be sure to make extra so you can help yourself to healthy leftovers all week long!
Salad is a great lunch and appetizer but it can also be a meal. Try out our delicious Warm Beef Salad, a perfect meal prep idea that you can make ahead and enjoy throughout the week.
Looking for a healthy meal delivery service? We’re here for you! Learn more about the South Beach Diet plan >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 2.5 Vegetables
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (5-oz.) bag arugula (4 cups)
- 1 small head radicchio, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 2 small heads Belgian endive, cut into 1/2-inch slices (3 cups)
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Place anchovies in a large mixing bowl; using 2 forks, mash into a paste. Add garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper; mix well. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Add arugula, radicchio, and endive; toss to coat. Divide salad among 4 serving plates; sprinkle with cheese and serve.