Open-Faced Egg & Avocado SandwichRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
The avocado sandwich is all the rage these days, and for good reason. Featuring the healthy fats from avocados and the good carbs from whole grain breads, they make for a delicious and healthy meal or snack option.
The only thing that’s missing from the average avocado sandwich is a satisfying lean protein. Enter our Open-Faced Egg & Avocado Sandwich! It’s a tasty twist on an egg salad sandwich, and includes avocado, onion, celery, tomato and arugula on a slice of whole wheat bread, plus a protein-packed hard-boiled egg.
It’s delicious and satisfying and couldn’t be easier to prepare.
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: Makes 1 serving
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ avocado
- 1 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. celery, chopped
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- Arugula and tomato for topping
- Chop hard-boiled egg and add to medium bowl.
- Cut avocado into cubes and toss in bowl with egg
- Add onion and celery to egg and avocado.
- Stir well to combine.
- Toast whole wheat bread.
- Spread egg and avocado mixture on toast. Top with lettuce and tomato.