Warm Beef SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Who says salads are just for side dishes? Not us! This delicious dish featuring smoky grilled beef, crisp greens and a zesty lemon dressing is every bit as satisfying as any of your favorite main meals. It’s flavorful and filling, making it meal-time perfection on a plate.
Plus, we love how quick and easy this recipe is to make. It’s the perfect no-fuss meal for your busy weeknights.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces mesclun greens (6 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill steak 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes; slice thinly.
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil in a jar with a lid. Close tight and shake vigorously to combine. Place greens in a large mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among 4 serving plates, top with steak, tomato wedges, onion, and feta to serve.