Warm Beef SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Who says salads are just for side dishes? Not us! This delicious dish featuring smoky grilled beef, crisp greens and a zesty lemon dressing is every bit as satisfying as any of your favorite main meals. It’s flavorful and filling, making it meal-time perfection on a plate.
Grilled steak is the star of the show in this Warm Beef Salad. Filled with a variety of nutritious ingredients, it packs in the protein and fiber for a delicious, diet-friendly meal that keeps you full all day long. Plus, we love how quick and easy this recipe is to make. It’s the perfect no-fuss meal for your busy weeknights.
This recipe makes dinner for four, so it’s perfect to serve at your next dinner party to keep you (and your guests!) on the healthy straight and narrow.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (2 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 ½ lb. flank steak, 1-inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 oz. mesclun greens (6 cups)
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (½ cup)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- Heat grill to high.
- Grill steak 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5 minutes; slice thinly.
- Place lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, and oil in a jar with a lid. Close tight and shake vigorously to combine. Place greens in a large mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of the dressing, and toss to coat.
- Divide greens among 4 serving plates, top with steak, tomato wedges, onion, and feta to serve.