Greet-the-Sun Breakfast PizzasRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Pizza for breakfast? Why not? It’s especially tasty when topped with a sunny-side-up egg and veggies. Quarter or halve the recipe for just one or two pizzas and try shredded mozzarella instead of feta, if you like.
If you enjoyed that tasty recipe, try our other pizza ideas:
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 0.5 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Vegetables
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces packed spinach (4 cups)
- 2 (6-inch) whole-grain pitas, halved horizontally
- 2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/3 cup)
- Heat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over medium heat. Add spinach, in batches if necessary, and cook until wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Brush inside of each pita round with 1 teaspoon oil. Place pita rounds, oiled side up, on a large baking sheet and bake until starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven.
- Divide tomatoes and spinach evenly among pita halves, leaving an empty space in the center for an egg. Crack 1 egg into the center of each pita. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, return to the oven, and bake until yolks are lightly set, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and continue baking until cheese has softened, about 2 minutes more. Serve warm.