Classic Steak au PoivreRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Beef tenderloin steaks are browned to tender perfection and served with and array of garlicky veggies. For a flavor-filled, hearty meal, this keto-friendly recipe is a go-to DIY creation that tastes just as good as a chef’s prepared creation from your favorite steak joint!
Totally diet-friendly and totally delicious, whip up this Classic Steak au Poivre to liven up your weekly menu. Believe us—the family will be asking for it over and over again!
Phase: Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed black or mixed peppercorns
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each), trimmed of all visible fat
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. beef-flavored bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- In a small bowl, combine the crushed garlic and 1 teaspoon of the peppercorns. Press a small amount of the mixture onto each side of the steaks.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet coated with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat. Arrange the steaks in the skillet so that they do not overlap. Cook the steaks, turning frequently, for 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a steak registers 160°F for medium. Remove the steaks to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Clean the skillet, coat with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and minced garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture over the steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine the bouillon granules, paprika, water, milk and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon peppercorns. Pour into the skillet and cook, stirring often, over medium heat until the mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Spoon the sauce over each steak and serve immediately.