Chocolate Chai SmoothieRecipe posted in: Breakfast
The South Beach Diet offers more proof that tasty, easy-to-make, healthy breakfasts are not only feasible but enjoyable. Don’t be intimidated by the ingredients list, this Chocolate Chai Smoothie is actually quite simple to make! It’s got a really unique flavor, thanks to the inclusion of warm chai tea, plus cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, a frozen banana and your chocolate protein powder, among a few other simple ingredients.
We like to think of this delicious Chocolate Chai Smoothie as a healthier take on some of the fancy coffee shop favorites. Plus, this diet-friendly breakfast recipe is perfect for meal prep. Stick a batch in the fridge and you’ve got a quick grab-and-go breakfast for those busy weekday mornings!
Looking for more smoothie recipes? Check out some of our favorites below!:
- Blackberry Banana Smoothie >
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Smoothie >
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl >
- Peach Crumble Smoothie >
- Strawberry Kiwi Dream Smoothie >
- Creamy Apple Cinnamon Smoothie Bowl >
- Ginger Peach Smoothie >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 1 Fruit
- 2 Extras
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 chai tea bags (Warm milk with chai tea bags in microwave for 2 minutes, remove from microwave and let steep for 6 minutes after cooking)
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. agave
- ¼ cup ice (add more as desired)
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.