Blackberry Banana SmoothieRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Mornings are sweet when you’ve got this Blackberry Banana Smoothie on the menu. Thick and creamy, and full of fabulous fruity flavor, this healthy banana smoothie recipe is one of our favorites. It’s sweet and filling, and it includes a secret body-boosting ingredient, wheat germ. Wheat germ adds protein, fiber, thiamin and vitamin E to this already nutritious breakfast smoothie.
Helpful hint: If your berries are very tart, add the sugar substitute. If they’re aged to sweet perfection, feel free to skip it!
If you liked that healthy smoothie recipe then check out these Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love!
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: 4 (1 cup) servings
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Fruit
- 2 small bananas, quartered (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup blackberries, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granular sugar substitute (optional)
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 4 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine bananas and blackberries; puree until smooth. Add yogurt, sugar substitute, if using, wheat germ, and ice cubes; blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into 4 (10 ounce) glasses, garnish with whole blackberries, if using, and serve.