Collard Green Breakfast Wrap with Turkey BaconRecipe posted in: Breakfast
They say you are what you eat. If that’s the case, you’ll want to load up on this lean, green, protein-packing Collard Green Breakfast Wrap with Turkey Bacon.
Even the anti-morning person would jump out of bed for this hot and savory handful of nutrition. Load up on protein with an array of healthy ingredients including turkey bacon, collard greens and avocado. Salsa and avocado are the perfect pair to satisfy and inspire the get-up-and-go in you. With one Vegetable serving taken care of early, who knows what else you’ll get done!
This hearty Turkey Bacon Breakfast Wrap is filling, easy-to-make and absolutely delicious. For a keto-friendly DIY breakfast, enjoy this delicious breakfast wrap for those on-the-go mornings.
Looking for more healthy breakfasts to start your day? Try these other tasty recipes:
- Breakfast Popovers with Parmesan >
- Poached Eggs Arrabbiata >
- Coconut Matcha Chia Pudding >
- Greet-the-Sun Breakfast Pizzas >
- Quiche with Swiss Cheese and Fennel >
The South Beach Diet makes high protein breakfasts to help you reach your goals. Learn more about our meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- ¼ avocado, ripe, sliced
- 1 slice or about 0.4 oz. Roma tomato
- ½ Tbsp. or about 0.2 oz. onion, raw, sliced
- 1 large collard green leaf (which is about 1 cup or 1.3 oz.)
- 2 slices turkey bacon (look for low sodium, sugar free varieties)
- 2 Tbsp. or ½ oz. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. mild salsa
- Prepare vegetables by cutting avocado, tomato and onion into slices and save them for later.
- Find a sturdy collard green leaf, free of any holes or tears, then wash and dry it well. Place the leaf on a cutting board, cut off the white portion of the stalk that has no leafy greens attached to it and then carefully shave the thick middle stem down until it’s flat (about the same thickness as the rest of the leaf). Make sure not to cut or tear the leaf portion with your knife. Note: Do not skip this step. Otherwise, the wrap will not roll properly and collard may snap when rolling.
- Place leaf on a microwave-safe plate and put it in the microwave for about 10-20 seconds or until the leaf is bright green, soft and pliable. Note: you can also blanch the collards in boiling water, but the microwave achieves the same effect in much less time.
- Prepare the turkey bacon according to package instructions in a frying pan or the microwave. Melt one tablespoon of cheddar cheese on each slice of turkey bacon when it is almost finished cooking.
- Assemble collard green wrap by placing turkey bacon and cheese at center and piling on tomato, onion, and salsa. Finish it with the avocado slices. Note: it is important to save the avocado for last as it will help the wrap stick together and fold properly.
- Wrap your collard green like a burrito, flipping the sides up, tucking them in and rolling, folding in any stray corners that pop out along the way.
- Cut your wrap in half and enjoy!