Healthy Vietnamese Pork RollsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Nothing’s better than an elegant meal that’s easy to make. That’s why we love these Healthy Vietnamese Pork Rolls that mix protein with nutritious vegetables. They are every bit as delicious as the kind served in your favorite fancy restaurant. However, they are way healthier and prepared right in your own kitchen. Plus, these tasty pork rolls are super simple to make and totally guilt-free, making them a total weight loss win-win.
Pair this healthy South Beach Diet meal with a simply dressed green salad featuring thinly sliced cucumber and radishes for a full-on flavor experience you won’t have to regret! This is simply one of the best healthy recipes for low carb lunches.
If you liked this healthy recipe for pork meat rolls, you’ll love the other tasty recipes here on The Palm Weight Loss Blog! Check out our recipe section and enjoy easy, low carb food like Garlic Soy Grilled Pork Chops and Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps! >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. pork cutlets
- 1 (1/2-lb.) head napa cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 8 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the dressing: Whisk together fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- For the pork: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season pork with salt and pepper and saute until lightly browned, 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and slice into thin strips. Toss with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Combine cabbage, bell pepper, and remaining dressing in a large bowl. Lay lettuce leaves on a clean, dry work surface. Divide pork among leaves. Top with cabbage mixture and roll tightly, tucking edges in as you go. Place rolls, seam side down, on a cutting board, cut in half, and serve.