Lemon Tarragon Salmon with Butternut Squash SoupRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This succulent and zesty Lemon Tarragon Salmon filet is paired with nutritious Brussels sprouts and a homemade Butternut Squash Soup to create the ultimate weeknight DIY meal you’ll want to make over and over again. With the bursts of flavor from the juice of a lemon and a creamy side of comforting soup, this South- Beach-approved recipe is certain to satisfy with its hearty components and delicious taste.
A three-ounce filet of salmon is seasoned to perfection with a little help from lemon juice and fresh chopped tarragon. The salmon is cooked aside juicy Brussels sprouts that have been tossed in an array of flavors including avocado oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. This delicious dish is finished with a bowl of homemade soup, which is easily whipped up in four simple steps. Saute onions and butternut squash. Add in vegetable stock, nutmeg, salt and pepper to up the flavor ante. Once the butternut squash is soft, blend all ingredients together to create this creamy bowl of deliciousness.
This Lemon Tarragon Salmon with Butternut Squash Soup is not only filling, it’s totally diet-approved, too! On your South Beach meal plan, this Lemon Tarragon Salmon meal counts as one Protein, one Good Carb, one Healthy Fat and two Veggies. This entire meal clocks in at a mere 250 calories and should be logged in your South Beach Tracker app (along with all of your daily intake!). Research shows that keeping track of your food intake each day can increase weight loss results. Log your Lemon Tarragon Salmon with Butternut Squash Soup right here in your Tracker app to stay on track >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Salmon (1) and Soup (8)
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 3 oz. filet of salmon
- 1 tsp. tarragon, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup chopped Brussels sprouts (cut large Brussels into thirds and small ones in half)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. avocado oil (or other high heat cooking oil)
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Salmon and Brussels sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, place chopped Brussels sprouts, avocado oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix well to coat all the Brussels sprouts.
- Then, place Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread them out to make sure they are not touching. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the salmon on the baking sheet and top with 1/2 the lemon juice and chopped tarragon. Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Brussel sprouts and salmon should come out of the oven around the same time. Top salmon with the rest of the lemon juice.
- In a large pot, place extra virgin olive oil and diced onions. Cook on medium heat until translucent.
- Add diced butternut squash, nutmeg, salt, pepper and vegetable stock. Place heat on high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to medium/low and let simmer until butternut squash is soft and easy to mash.
- Then, either using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend all the contents until smooth.