Oven-Fried Chicken with AlmondsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Fried chicken has nothing on this insanely good recipe, which has all the taste and texture of the traditional version without any of the guilt!
Thanks to a flavorful coating of breadcrumbs, almonds and a few herbs and spices, this Oven Fried Chicken recipe is so tasty, you’ll forget all about the fast food varieties. The best part? This popular recipe makes six full servings. So you’ll have enough to share (or to hoard for leftover lunches all week!).
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2" thickness and cut into 12 pieces
- Sprig Italian parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, almonds, parsley, garlic, salt, thyme, and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the oil in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken first in the oil, then dredge in the crumb mixture. Place the chicken in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of a piece registers 170°F and the juices run clear. (Do not turn the chicken during cooking.) Garnish with the parsley.