Chicken and Cheese Caprese MeltsRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Cheese: We could write songs about how much we love it. Which is probably why we’re absolutely obsessed with these Chicken and Cheese Caprese Melts featuring chicken, tomatoes, basil and, you guessed it… cheese!
This mouthwatering meal will melt your heart and make your taste buds sing for joy. Feel free to add your favorite herbs and spices to the hot and cheesy mix!
If you’re trying to keep it keto, feel free to swap in a slice of our Almond Flour Keto Bread recipe (or omit the bread altogether) to fit this deliciousness into your meal plan.
Craving more caprese? You’ll love our Caprese Breakfast Muffins! >
Lose weight and get healthy with tasty meals from the South Beach Diet! Get started with your meal plan today >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Extras
- 4 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to broil.
- Lightly pound each chicken breast to an even thickness and season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- Lay bread onto a baking sheet and drizzle with remaining oil and garlic powder. Place under the broiler until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Top each bread slice equally with tomatoes, basil, chicken and mozzarella. Broil until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes.