Oven-Baked Egg BitesRecipe posted in: Breakfast
If you’re anything like us, mornings are hectic—which often leads to skipping breakfast or grabbing something unhealthy on your way out the door. Aside from the delicious South Beach breakfasts you can stock up on to ensure you’re staying on track with your meal plan, we’ve also created plenty of low-carb breakfast recipes to enjoy on your DIY days. These Oven-Baked Egg Bites are one of our all-time favorites!
Easy-to-make and perfect to grab on-the-go, these Egg Bites pack in the protein and deliciousness. And best of all? You can make a huge batch, so they’re perfect to whip up for a few days worth of breakfast the whole family can enjoy.
To make these delicious Oven-Baked Egg Bites, simply combine eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, salt and pepper in a blender or food processor. Fill a sprayed muffin tin with these egg mixture and top each with cooked sausage crumble and mushrooms. Pop the muffins in the oven on the middle rack for about 30 minutes or until the center of the Egg Bites are set. Once cooled, remove each muffin from the tin with a spatula and store in the refrigerator to grab on your way out the door.
To stay on track with your low-carb meal plan, be sure to log each serving of Egg Bites in the South Beach Tracker App. Keeping track of your daily food intake can increase your weight loss results—so be sure to log every meal! It’s easy to use and is filled with helpful tips and tricks to keep your on the weight loss straight and narrow.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 cooked chicken sausage, crumbled (any variety, but we chose Kale and Mozzarella)
- 2 Tbsp. cooked baby portabella mushrooms, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar (you can use any shredded cheese)
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 4% fat
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking spray
- Make sure to cook the sausage and mushrooms prior to making the egg bites.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Fill a baking dish with 1 inch water and place on the bottom rack of the oven. This creates a humid environment and helps cook the eggs evenly.
- Add the eggs, cheese, cottage, cheese and dash of salt and pepper to a blender. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds until mixture is frothy.
- Spray a 6 ct muffin tin lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each evenly with the egg mixture.
- Top with the cooked sausage and mushrooms, divided evenly between the muffin tins.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the center of the egg bites are set.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes. Remove each carefully with a spatula. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.