On-the-Go Egg MuffinsRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Ditch the drive-thru and opt for an equally tasty (and equally quick!) breakfast that can be heated up in seconds. Grab this delicious Egg Muffin on your way out the door for some protein-filled deliciousness to start your day off the South Beach Diet way.
These Egg Muffins can easily be made in advance and enjoyed throughout the week. The recipe calls for onion, red pepper and kale, but feel free to throw in your favorite veggies to make this muffin your go-to breakfast. With just four eggs and a whole lot of nutritional value, these delicious Egg Muffins are sure to fill you up the right way.
Counting as two Lean Proteins, one Vegetable and one Extra on your South Beach Diet Phase 2 or 3 meal plan, this delicious meal is just 186 calories per serving. Losing track of your daily intake? We’ve got you covered! Be sure to download the South Beach Diet Tracker App to log your meals and stay on track with your weight loss journey. You can easily log your Egg Muffin in the Tracker App right here >
Not an egg person? Don’t worry! We have plenty of breakfast recipes right here on The Palm. Try this sweet and delicious Nuts Over Vanilla “Pro-Yo” > or this Collard Green Breakfast Wrap with Turkey Bacon >
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 2 Lean Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 white onion (diced)
- 1/4 red pepper (diced)
- 1 cup curly kale (cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp, EVOO
- Preheat oven to 375 and place 4 paper baking cups in muffin tins.
- Place 1 Tbsp. EVOO in a small pan, add the diced onions and peppers and cook until onions are translucent. Add in the kale and cook until soft and the leaves turn dark green.
- Mix 4 eggs in a bowl with the pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Divide the sautéed vegetable mixture into the 4 muffin tin cups. Pour the egg mixture into each cup.
- Bake at 375 for 15 min, or until eggs are cooked through. For a richer cheesy flavor sprinkle a small amount of nutritional yeast on top!