Chunky Turkey ChiliRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
There’s something about cozying up to a warm bowl of chili on a brisk fall day, right?
This Chunky Turkey Chili is chock full of flavor and nutrition, thanks to the addition of lean ground turkey, a variety of beans and a whole host of healthy and vibrant veggies. Enjoy this delicious dish cozied up on the couch at the end of a long day, or bring it to work for a quick heat-and-eat lunch sure to keep you satisfied all day long!
Don’t be left out of the next chili cookoff. Our Shredded Chicken Chili recipe is sure to win first place!
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Vegetables
- 4 ounces ground, lean turkey breast
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup onions, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup pinto beans
- ¼ cup kidney beans
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. scallions or green onions
- Cooking spray
- Heat medium sized saucepan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add turkey breast, bell peppers, onions, and celery. Cook until turkey meat is browned and vegetables are soft (about 6 - 8 minutes).
- Add chopped spinach, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, and black pepper to saucepan.
- Rinse pinto beans and kidney beans under water to remove excess sodium. Add beans to saucepan. Let chili simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowl and top with avocado slices and scallions.