Simple Vegetarian Stuffed PeppersRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
If you’re craving a stuffed pepper for dinner, this recipe is a go-to, low carb and plant-based option that’s just as delicious as it is nutritious. Made with cauliflower rice, soy chorizo and topped with cheddar cheese, this Simple Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers recipe is a dieter’s dream.
Pro tip: If you don’t feel like making your own riced cauliflower, check the frozen section of your grocery store for a pre-made version! Just make sure to select plain varieties without any added sauces or flavors.
After a long day of work when your stomach is screaming for something satisfying, whip up this classic stuffed peppers recipe for a filling meal that packs in the protein, veggies and flavor!
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious fully prepared meals designed to help you lose weight! Learn more about the South Beach Diet >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Protein
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 1 bell pepper, raw
- ½ cup cauliflower, riced, raw
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, raw, diced
- 3 oz. soy chorizo
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. tomato paste, no salt added
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 Tbsp. cheddar cheese, shredded, low sodium (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. While oven is preheating, clean and dry the bell pepper. Cut its top and remove the seeds and membranes. Wrap pepper in aluminum foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until it is softened.
- While pepper is cooking, rice cauliflower by placing in food processor or blender and pulse it until it is finely ground or a rice-like texture is achieved. Set it aside. Dice onion.
- Place onion and soy chorizo in a medium-sized, nonstick skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until chorizo is browned.
- Add cauliflower, tomatoes, tomato paste and spices to the skillet. Sauté for another 5 minutes or until rice is tender and dish is well combined.
- Once softened, remove pepper from oven. Open aluminum foil wrapping and drain the pepper of any excess liquid. Fill pepper with cooked cauliflower rice and the soy chorizo mixture. Sprinkle the top of pepper with cheese and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes until melted.