Open-Face Sandwich StacksRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Finding an easy, healthy and flavorful South Beach lunch is no longer a source of agony thanks to these Open-Face Sandwich Stacks. Roasted red pepper and avocado are the pairing of the decade in this healthy recipe, making this open sandwich far too delicious and awe-inspiring to stay closed up.
Each Open-Face Sandwich Stack deserves to be savored, topped off with onion, spinach and a bit of deli-fresh Provolone cheese. Also, multigrain English muffins are the perfect portion size for a slimming, healthy meal. Finding a brand that carries about three grams of fiber in each muffin half will make it even more satiating.
Best of all: If you love these Open-Face Sandwich Stacks as much as we do, you’ll be happy to find that you can have more than one! Just adjust the serving size as needed for this simple recipe.
Looking for something a bit more snack sized? Try these Watercress and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches on for size. Keep up with The Palm South Beach Diet Blog for more easy recipes.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 2 multigrain English muffins
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 jar (6 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (1 oz.)
- 8 thin slices (5 oz.) lower-sodium deli turkey breast, folded into quarters
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 slices (2 oz.) provolone cheese, folded into quarters
- Split the English muffins and toast. Lightly rub the cut sides with the cut garlic clove.
- Meanwhile, scoop the avocado into a small bowl. With a fork, mash with the lime juice, chili powder and salt
- Cut four 2-inch squares of roasted peppers and cut any remainder into thin strips.
- For each sandwich, top an English muffin half with the following: 1 Tbsp. avocado mixture, a couple spinach leaves, 1 slice turkey, 1 slice onion, a roasted pepper square, 1 slice provolone, another slice of turkey, some more spinach leaves and strips of roasted pepper.