Open-Face Sandwich StacksRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Finding an easy, healthy and flavorful lunch is no longer a source of agony thanks to these Open-Face Sandwich Stacks. Roasted red pepper and avocado are the pairing of the decade, making this sandwich far too delicious and awe-inspiring to stay closed up.
Each Open-Face Sandwich Stack deserves to be savored, topped off with onion, spinach and a bit of deli-fresh Provolone cheese. Also, multigrain English muffins are the perfect portion size for a slimming meal. Finding a brand that carries about three grams of fiber in each muffin half will make it even more satiating.
Best of all: If you love these Open-Face Sandwich Stacks as much as we do, you’ll be happy to find that on phase 2, you can have more than one!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 1 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Vegetables
- 1 Extras
- 2 multigrain English muffins
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 jar (6 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (1 oz.)
- 8 thin slices (5 oz.) lower-sodium deli turkey breast, folded into quarters
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 slices (2 oz.) provolone cheese, folded into quarters
- Split the English muffins and toast. Lightly rub the cut sides with the cut garlic clove.
- Meanwhile, scoop the avocado into a small bowl. With a fork, mash with the lime juice, chili powder and salt
- Cut four 2-inch squares of roasted peppers and cut any remainder into thin strips.
- For each sandwich, top an English muffin half with the following: 1 Tbsp. avocado mixture, a couple spinach leaves, 1 slice turkey, 1 slice onion, a roasted pepper square, 1 slice provolone, another slice of turkey, some more spinach leaves and strips of roasted pepper.