Watercress and Cucumber Tea SandwichesRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
By now, you might have heard that watercress is a total superfood. These Watercress and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches are a fancy take on this nutrition giant, perfect for any occasion.
With reduced fat cream cheese and the refreshing crunch of cucumber, this refreshing recipe is very balanced and satisfying. Multigrain bread also provides more fiber and wholesomeness than the average tea sandwich. So, while the bites are smaller, you won’t feel cheated at all. Perfectly portable, Watercress and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches are an excellent option for a to-go lunch.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Good Carbohydrates
- 0.5 Vegetables
- 2 Extras
- 8 thin slices multigrain bread
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- Spread each slice of bread with cream cheese; make sandwiches with watercress and cucumber. Remove crusts, if desired and cut each sandwich into 3 rectangular slices.