Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad RecipeRecipe posted in:
Spice up your lunch menu with this summertime salad! Featuring tender chicken breast marinated in hot sauce and grilled to perfection, it’s the perfect protein-packed meal to keep you satisfied all season long. Missing buffalo wings on your healthy diet? Satisfy your craving for the flavors you know and love with this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad.
After marinating and grilling the chicken breast, you’ll slice it up and serve it over a bed of fresh, crunchy romaine lettuce topped with chopped celery, cherry tomatoes and sliced red onions. Drizzled with a homemade ranch dressing made from plain whole-milk Greek yogurt, lemon juice, chopped chives and spices, this spice salad is sure to become a regular on your healthy lunch menu.
Pro Tip: If you love this homemade ranch dressing as much as we do, feel free to enjoy it with any other salad recipe that you enjoy! It also makes the perfect dip for veggies if you’re looking for healthy snack ideas. Try it with crunchy dippers like sliced cucumbers, bell pepper strips and cherry tomatoes.
One serving of this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad contains 294 calories. It also clocks in at 31 grams of protein, so it’s sure to keep you full until your next mealtime.
Craving more buffalo chicken? Check out these other delicious and nutritious recipes that fit into your weight loss plan:
This recipe is from the book, The New Keto-Friendly South Beach Diet, written by the creator of the South Beach Diet, Arthur Agatston, M.D.
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 5 Vegetables
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 3 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp. dried dill
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. plus a dash of ground black pepper
- Place the chicken breasts and hot sauce in a large zip-top bag and toss until the chicken is well coated. Marinate them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and store the mixture in the refrigerator while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Lightly grease with olive oil and preheat a grill or grill pan. Add the chicken, pouring any remaining hot sauce over the top. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and let it rest before slicing.
- Combine the romaine lettuce, celery, cherry tomatoes, and red onion and divide into 4 bowls. Place the sliced chicken on top of each portion and drizzle with the ranch dressing.