Bran Muffins with PearRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Muffins are the perfect breakfast. That’s because they’re perfectly portable so you can take them on your commute plus they’re super satisfying. These wholesome flavor-packed bran muffins are filled with tender pieces of pear and spiced with cinnamon.
Helpful hint: These muffins freeze well; just heat in the toaster or microwave before serving.
If you thought that was tasty, try this fruity Pear And Goat Cheese Salad >
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- 0.5 Lean Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 Tbsp. granular sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, bran, sugar substitute, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, pear, and vanilla in another mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just to combine; do not overmix. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and serve.