Healthy and High-Fiber Cinnamon Pear Bran Muffin RecipeRecipe posted in: Breakfast
Muffins are the perfect breakfast. That’s because they’re perfectly portable so you can take them on your commute. Plus, they’re super satisfying and can easily be made healthy. These wholesome, flavor-packed, high-fiber bran muffins are filled with tender pieces of pear and spiced with cinnamon.
Helpful Hint: These muffins freeze well; just heat in the toaster oven or microwave before serving.
If you thought that was tasty, try this fruity Pear And Goat Cheese Salad >
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 1/2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 Tbsp. granular sugar substitute
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, bran, sugar substitute, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil, pear, and vanilla in another mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just to combine; do not overmix. Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool and serve.