Apricot-Berry Dessert PizzaRecipe posted in: Snack
Easy and elegant, these Apricot-Berry Dessert Pizzas are a novel way to use tortillas. The addition of cardamom, along with lemon zest and apricot jam, gives the pizzas a unique Mediterranean flavor. Use any of your favorite berries for the topping.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit
- 1 Extras
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 4 teaspoons trans-fat-free margarine (vegetable oil spread), melted
- 4 teaspoons granular sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups ricotta cheese
- 9 teaspoons sugar-free apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 cups yellow and red raspberries, or blueberries, or a mixture
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Place the tortillas on 2 baking sheets. Brush with the melted margarine and sprinkle evenly with the sugar substitute and cinnamon. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, until crisp. Cool briefly.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta, 4 teaspoons of the apricot jam, the lemon zest, and cardamom.
- Divide the ricotta mixture among the 4 tortillas, spreading it almost to the edges.
- In a small saucepan, heat the remaining 5 teaspoons jam over low heat until melted. Scatter the berries over the pizzas and brush the berries with the melted jam.
- Garnish with mint leaves, if using. Serve warm.