Strawberry FoolRecipe posted in: Snack
Don’t let the fact that this Strawberry Fool recipe requires a food processor intimidate you. This sweet treat recipe is so easy, a fool could make it!
Featuring just five easy ingredients, this recipe is as simple as healthy desserts get… which is pretty awesome considering how absolutely delectable it is.
The summery, strawberry flavors of this frozen concoction, different from the typical smoothies or yogurt desserts, will whisk you away to a place that’s light-hearted, fun and all about beach livin’.
Helpful hint: Puree the frozen strawberries right before your main meal, so that they can thaw while you eat. Once this is done, the steps to finish your Strawberry Fool take almost no time at all!
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 0.5 Fruit
- 1 Extras
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries (5 oz.)
- 4 tsp. granular sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added lite whipped topping
- In a food processor, pulse the strawberries on and off to break them up, then process until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons of the sugar substitute and pulse to combine.
- Let sit in the food processor for 20 to 25 minutes to thaw completely.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the Greek yogurt to lighten, then whisk in the vanilla and remaining 2 tsp. sugar substitute. Whisk in the whipped topping.
- Process the strawberry puree again to loosen, then pour over the yogurt mixture. Gently fold in with a rubber spatula, leaving streaks of strawberry.
- Divide the fool evenly among 4 dessert dishes and serve.