Simple Caesar Salad WrapRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This refreshing Caesar Salad Wrap is simplicity at its finest. A homemade, five-ingredient Caesar dressing is drizzled over a bed of romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese. Finally, we nestle all of this veggie goodness within a high-fiber wrap for a quick and easy DIY lunch.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to get in your veggie servings, this Simple Caesar Salad is your flavorful answer. Lemon juice, anchovy, garlic, olive oil and Dijon come together to create a versatile, tasty dressing. Vibrant green romaine lettuce packs in fiber and nutrition. However, feel free to swap in a leafy green of your choice. If you’re on a low-carb diet plan, nix the wrap and enjoy your Caesar creation in a bowl. You can also pump up the protein with grilled chicken.
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- 2 Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) head romaine lettuce, chopped (8 to 10 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- Whisk together lemon juice, anchovy, garlic and mustard in a large mixing bowl; slowly whisk in oil. Stir in cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, toss, and serve.