Mango LassiRecipe posted in: Snack
While this light and tangy drink may taste tropical, lassi recipes actually originiated in India and are a great way to broaden your diet. Bursting with citrus flavor and thickened with protein-packed dairy, this little concoction makes healthy food intriguing. By no means is it always made with mango, but this is a common choice—and definitely our favorite. Experiment with a hint of cardamom for a more complex flavor and you’ll definitely be happy that this Mango Lassi made its way into your recipe book. So spruce up your plain, old Greek yogurt with chopped mango and live a little!
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
Servings: 4 (3/4 cup) servings
- 1 Lean Protein
- 0.5 Fruit
- 1 medium mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chilled water
- 1 Tbsp. granular sugar substitute
- Pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- Ice cubes
- In a blender, combine mango, yogurt, water, sugar substitute and cardamom, if using; puree until smooth. Fill 4 (8-oz.) glasses with ice cubes. Pour Mango Lassi over ice and serve.