Loin Lamb Chops with Mint PestoRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Lamb chops get a slightly sweet spin thanks to the addition of a delicious homemade mint pesto sauce. Add this hearty dish to your St. Patrick’s Day menu for a keto friendly dinner that the whole family will love.
Because loin lamb chops are lean and tiny, you’ll want two for each serving. Serve them with steamed broccoli, Brussels sprouts or steamed spinach for a well-rounded meal that’s both tasty and healthy.
Healthy hint: The lamb chops are broiled to save time. However, feel free to pan-sear them in batches if you prefer.
Eat clean and get healthy with delicious, low carb food designed to help you lose weight! Get started with a South Beach Diet meal plan today >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
Servings: Makes 4 servings (2 chops each)
- 0.5 Healthy Fat
- 2 Protein
- 2/3 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 loin lamb chops (each about 1 inch thick), well trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the broiler.
- For the pesto: In a blender or food processor, process the mint, parsley, nuts, garlic, lemon zest, and lemon juice until finely chopped. With the machine running, drizzle in the oil and process until almost smooth.
- For the lamb: Place the chops on a broiler pan. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Broil the chops for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer 2 chops to each of 4 plates and top evenly with the pesto.