Leafy Greens Chicken SaladRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
Juicy chicken breast lay atop a bed of greens and is flavored with an array of fresh ingredients and a homemade dressing. This Leafy Greens Chicken Salad is a hearty DIY meal that is equally delicious as it is nutritious.
Tender, baked chicken breast is baked to perfection and paired with an array of juicy and fresh veggies, including tomatoes, red onion, leafy greens. A savory and creamy homemade dressing is made with avocado, garlic, lime juice, veggie stock and pepper.
In a large bowl, pour in the almond flour. Dip chicken breast in the mixture until all of the chicken is completely coated with the almond flour breading. Bake the chicken for about thirty-five minutes or until it is browned on both sides. In a small bowl, blend basil, lime juice, garlic, veggie stock and pepper. Create the fresh salad by placing in leafy greens, tomatoes and onions. Top with the chicken and drizzle on the homemade avocado dressing.
On your South Beach meal plan, this Leafy Greens Chicken Salad counts as one-half-of-a Healthy Fat, two-and-a-half of Vegetables, one Lean Protein and two Extras. To ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals, be sure to log this healthy meal in your South Beach Tracker App. You can learn everything you need to know about using our food tracker app right here >
Phase: Phase 2, Phase 3
- .5 Healthy Fat
- 1 Lean Protein
- 2.5 Vegetables
- 2 Extras
- 1, 3 oz. chicken breast
- 1/8 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 2 cups dark leafy greens
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium veggie stock
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl or large dish, place almond flour. Dip the chicken in the almond flour mix so that all of the chicken is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken on the parchment paper and place in the oven. Let bake for about 35 min, flipping the chicken over halfway through.
- In a small blender, blend basil, lime juice, garlic, veggie stock and pepper.
- In a large bowl, place dark leafy greens, tomato and onions. Add sliced chicken and dress with basil, lime, avocado dressing.