Lamb Chops with Chimichurri SauceRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This healthy recipe takes your standard lamb chops to a whole other level. Featuring a citrusy, garlicky chimichurri sauce, a common Argentinean condiment for beef, this dish is both delicious and filling.
We love the addition of fresh parsley and dried oregano in ours, but feel free to add any of your favorite spices and herbs. (We’ve heard that adding fresh cilantro and mint to lamb chops is a mouthwatering move!)
Lose weight and get healthy with the South Beach Diet! Click here to learn more about our meal plans >
Phase: Weight Loss Phase, Weight Maintenance Phase
- 1 Healthy Fat
- 1.5 Protein
- 8 (3-ounce) lamb chops, about 3/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Rub lamb chops with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from heat, cover loosely with foil, and allow meat to rest.
- While lamb is resting, combine remaining oil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, and red pepper flakes in a food processor. Pulse to combine until just pureed.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with lamb.