Greek Tuna PitaRecipe posted in: Lunch/Dinner
This tasty Tuna Pita recipe is just the thing you need on busy weeknights when fast food is starting to look like your best option.
It takes mere minutes to pull together and it’s filled with fabulous flavor, thanks to the addition of tuna, red onions, Kalamata olives, sun-dried tomatoes and feta cheese. Plus, you’ll add lettuce, tomato and cucumber for some added nutrition and flavor.
This Tuna Pita is also a great option for lunch (for you… and the kiddies!).
Phase: Weight Maintenance Phase
- 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Protein
- 1 Good Carbohydrates
- ½ cup water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 Tbsp. red onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 1, 6-inche whole-wheat pita
- Lettuce, tomato and cucumber for toppings
- Mix tuna, onions, olives, sun-dried tomatoes and olive oil until well combined.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- Add tuna and cheese mixture to pita bread. Top with lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers.